Re: Squid - a bit off-topic

Hi...

I'm not too sure... but I think if you want to have users
authenticate against the linux proxy... accounts must exist on
the linux (proxy) box....
Of course you can nicely run the proxy without user authentication...
but that would be a headache hunting through login logs and access logs
if you wanted to see who was doing what....

It would be nice if you could just run samba and squid and dump the
NT server... but some people might not support you on that....

Have you checked with the squid mailing list?  There might be some
weird way to authenticate users from an NT PDC... I haven't heard of one....
I use samba in my network and use a smb_auth to have my users authenticate before they can surf....
It seems to work very well....

Go for Samba..... NT just always ends up depressing me.... hehehe

Mike

The following message was sent by Victor <vdemart@supereva.it> on Tue, 10 Jul 2001 17:58:33 +0000.