Re: kernel 2.4.x: The Mother of all the questions

On 09 Jul 2001, Wayne Topa wrote:

[snip]

> I have been running the 2.4.x kernels since 2.4.2, currently have
> 2.4.6 under test.  No problems at all on any of the 2.4.x series.
> I have 2 other boxes running 2.4.5 but will upgrade then both in a
> few days.
>
> Don't know the oldest Linux user but I will be 63 in November.  Also
> don't know if I would classify myself as living. :-)  I feel very bad
> that I had to check out my new Plextor CD/RW drive today, on WinBloze.
> I swore I would never use that junk again.  Please forgive me for my
> lapse in sanity.

No problems with 2.4.6 (or any other kernel upgrade). I always boot via
loadlin.exe on DOS with makes trying new kernels very safe.

Anthony (68, BTW)

--
Anthony Campbell - running Gnu/Debian Linux (Windows-free zone).
For electronic books (Homeomythology and The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Man can do what he wants, but he cannot will what he wills.
                                          [Schopenhauer]