Re: Apache, mod_auth_pam, pam_krb4, and you

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Jason Rashaad Jackson wrote:

> The KTH distribution, installed from the following .debs:
>
> kerberos4kth-dev
> kerberos4kth-user
> kerberos4kth1
>
> On Monday 09 July 2001 11:35, you wrote:
> > On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Jason Rashaad Jackson wrote:
> > > I'm going slowly insane trying to convince Apache to pass a user/pass
> > > to pam_krb4, thereby validating a user for entrance into a secure
> > > directory.  Is it too much to hope for that it's this simple?
> >
> > What version of krb4 are you using?        Faheem.

This is just a shot in the dark, but have you considered using Kerberos 5?
I have found before that Kerberos 4 is not properly supported in certain
applications, even when it is nominally listed as supported. (I think it
is being phased out, and people don't seem very interested when I
complain). And I think that krb 5 has some backward compatability with
krb4.

                                        Sincerely, Faheem Mitha.