Re: PS/2 mouse problems

Khavkine Igor wrote:

I have an Asus P5A motherboard and I'm
running Linux-2.4.5, custom compiled.

I have a problem using my PS/2 mouse port.
I have enabled PS/2 mouse support in
the kernel. I get this message
when the computer boots up:
 Starting kswapd v1.8
 Detected PS/2 Mouse Port.   <---
 pty: 256 Unix98 ptys configured
However when I try to use the mouse
with gpm or X, it just doesn't work!
(I've tried protocols, PS/2 and microsoft).
I've noticed that /proc/interrupts
does not contain a line for interrupt
12, which is supposed to be reserved for
PS/2. I think this could be a symptom
of something, but I don't know what.

<snip>

I had the same problem a week or two ago, but it was on a laptop with a Synaptics touch pad (not likely to be related to your problem, but thought I'd toss out the info). When I used the "synps" protocol instead of "ps2", gpm then started working properly. I don't remember for sure, but I don't think I ever was successful getting it to work properly in X, but it wasn't important so I just gave up on it.

Kent