Re: mc (Midnight Commander): View (F3) does not work on a .deb file?

> I get the same red boxed error message with F-3, and just a flashing
> screen with an 'enter'
> When I quit mc, the xterm says:
>
> gzip: mpcb_0.4-2_i386.deb: not in gzip format
>
> John

It seems like the file associations are incorrectly set. For example, with
MC I know that if you wish to view a .jpg it will load an image viewer for
it. I don't know what compression format .deb files use though, nor have I
ever played with mc's configuration files, but I know that is something
that could probably be easily remedied with a bit of reading. :P

-z-