Re: [users] Re: crontab

also sprach J.A.Serralheiro (on Fri, 06 Jul 2001 08:03:59PM +0100):
> well it seems to me that you are erasing the tape every thursday at 14
> hours and 21 minutes. Do you backup in the tape? then you will loose the
> old backup. That's fine, but field 4 () day of month) matches every day,
> so you will have a backup every day, and an additional backup every friday
> this also aplies to the deletion of the tape.

this is not right. if only DOW is specified, then these backups will
only happen friday or saturday, no matter what day of the month it is.
if you were to specify both, DOW and DOM, then it would only execute
whenever the e.g. 8th of a month is a friday.

>  Im sorry, Im reading the crontab (5) manpages and I cant find how to
> disable the backup and deletion for every day of month.

like he initially did...

"a mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems."
                                                           -- p. erdos