Re: limiting "ps" command on every user..

I've often wondered why the kernel doesn't have this feature as a compile
time option.  Certain other OSes allow this feature (primarily those which
need military security ratings).

I don't think the wrapper idea is a very secure one, because anyone can simply
read the information from /proc.  What realy needs to be done is to have an
option to the /proc filesystem kernel module (perhaps it exists now, but it
 didn't last time I looked, so forgive me if my info is out of date).