Fw: Raid; mkraid /dev/md0_HELP?

Hai,

> >from the /usr/src/linux directory after extracting the tar archive, with
> the >gzipped patch file in the /usr/src directory, issue "zcat ../<name of
> patch >file.gz> | patch -p1  .

 I am starting to presume that you:
1; get the kernel-source.
2; get the patch
3; apply that patch to the kernel-source, BEFORE compiling it?

 I've gotten the 2.2.19 kernel-package, because I installed an out of the
box
2.2 Potato.

 Can you patch a compiled kernel?

> >in the last couple of days i've configured a debian box with a stripe set
> >volume, let me know if you have any questions.  for one thing, if you're
> >doing a fresh install you don't necessarily need to upgrade the kernel to
> >2.4.5 unless you want to.  the 2.2.19 kernel on the woody installation
> >diskettes can be configured to handle raid under the block devices setup,
> >which gives you the opportunity to get a good installation before you
mess
> >with the kernel.

 I did get it in. I thinkBut I have a patch in
 /usr/src/kernel-patches/i386/2.2.19/apply/raid*
 How do I make it work; it keeps saying Not in kernel top level directory.
 Exiting

 (can you by the way copy a bzImage on a bootflop just renaming it to linux?
 Because I'm under the impression that it works.........Not using
 dd=.....etc.)

 Thanx
 Frans Schreuder