Re: gnome quicklaunch

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 08:04:43PM -0400, Jacob Stowell wrote:
> I am having a problem and was wondering if someone might be able to help
> me out. I have a quicklaunch applet on my gnome panel. Interestingly,
> when i start xterm or axyftp from the quicklaunch, /root shows up as the
> default home directory:

It looks like the quicklauch applet process has /root as its current
working directory when started from the panel.  Can you look at the
output of "ps auxwwf", note the PID and PPID (the parent process's PID),
and then look at the number directories under /proc?  They correspond
to all your processes and you can look into them for more info in these
processes, like with what name and arguments they were started, and what
their pwd is.  Just do a "ls -l" in /proc/<PID> and /proc/<PPID>.

If indeed the process pwd is /root, then the app is probably buggy,
probably the gnome panel, but I can't say for sure from a distance.
If you do feel sure and you're not running unoffcial debs, file a bug
in the debian bug tracking system..

> Below is a full listing of the ~/.gnome directory:

I'm sorry, but that has little useful info.

Cheers,

Joost