Re: Does JDK 1.3.1 work with testing?

>>>>> "Christian" == Christian Kreibich <kreibich@in.tum.de> writes:

Christian> I recently updated to testing and a self-compiled kernel
Christian> 2.4.3 and things work great, except for java. Basically any
Christian> java application segfaults on startup. I'm using (well, er,
Christian> was using :) Sun's jdk 1.3.1. Am I missing something?
Christian> Apologies if this is a faq, but I couldn't find an
Christian> up-to-date answer anywhere and just subscribed. Is glibc
Christian> 2.2.3 the problem?

I prefer the blackdown Java to the Sun version.

There was site posted on this list for Debian packages for 1.3.1 just
a couple of days ago. This version works fine for me.

ggeens@andor:/usr/share/fonts$ java -version
java version "1.3.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build Blackdown-1.3.0-FCS)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build Blackdown-1.3.0-FCS, mixed mode)

If you want to try, add this to your /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb ftp://ftp.informatik.hu-berlin.de/pub/Java/Linux/debian woody non-free

Note: skip the -docs package for now. It can't handle the 1.3.1 docs
from Sun.

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <guy.geens@cgey.be>