Re: How to install cdrom (Samsung CDR-RW, SW-208; Debian Potato 2.3

Thanks for the suggestions; it still doesn't recognize the cd..
- if it reads a disk I'll try another console to catch the device - but
it's apt-get and it may not stay mounted

These don't work:
- mount /dev/hdb
- boot: linux ide-scsi=hdb

And it could be a Master Boot Record. The win98 cd doesn't auto-start, but
the Tyan (motherboard) device cd does. This a.m. the Debian 2.2R3 B1 cd
boots. Running Fdisk /mbr in dos brought no visible change

Suggestions appreciated/st