Re: open ports with iptables

Under the netfilter model, this is known as DNAT (Destination NAT,
because it is the destination field of incoming packets that is being
rewritten).

you'll want something like the following:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d $extip -p tcp --dport 135 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.1

(also see http://netfilter.samba.org/unreliable-guides/NAT-HOWTO/ for
more info).

hth,
Vineet