Re: Netscape makes X server crash!!!

on Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 10:44:27PM -0400, Alexander Stavitsky (astavitsky@yahoo.com) wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm using communicator-smotif-477.
> On some pages it crashes bringing X down with it.
> I experienced many Netscape crashes over the years,
> but this is new. It bring Xserver down!!!
> Example: http://www.tigerdirect.com
> With StyleSheets enabled it crashes everytime.
> IMHO, the fact that Xserver dies as well is pretty outrageous.
> I am at loss as to which piece of software is actually at fault.

My suggestion for browser-related issues at this point is to suggest
something other than Netscape.  Alternatives exist, all better, most
capable of being run on similar or lesser hardware.  Galeon, Konqueror,
Skipstone, Mozilla, Opera, w3m...   Take your pick.

If the problems persist, post back, with 'strace' output for both your
browser and X sessions, trimmed to start of errors preceeding crash.

   Are these opinions my employer's?  Hah!  I don't believe them myself!