Re: now what ?

In Adri's email, 15-06-2001:
> Ok,
>
> I didn't install the module for my ethernet card.
>
> What now?  Shall I reinstall and indicate the ethernet card correctly or
> can I fix this up from where I am now?

You can specify modules to be loaded at boot time in the file /etc/modules
Each line should contain one module name, if you need to pass parameters,
you can put them on the same line.

> 2)  I managed to remove X (it didn't work) with dselect but how to remove
> stuff with apt?

`apt-get remove <packagename>` should remove the package and all packages which
depend on it.  you can also use `dpkg --purge <packagename>` afterwords to
also remove any configuration files related to the package.

> 3) How do I get a list or an overview of all what I have installed on the
> system? dselect only?

`dpkg --list` gives you a list of packages and their states.
`dpkg --get-selections` is nice for packages that show up in `dpkg --list` but
whose whole name doesn't show.

> Thanks
> Bye
> Adri
[listtail snip]

(comments interspersed<SP>)
--
Michael Janssen - Jamuraa - janssen@cns.uni.edu - jamuraa@base0.net
GPG Fingerprint: 87F1 92C4 44AA 4105 B1C4  EDEC D995 9620 C00E 9159