Fw: downloading with dselect??

> On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 05:02:39PM +0200, pReJkEr wrote:
> > Ello
> >
> >   that manual for dselect is not well written ;[[
> >   how to download with dselect only libc6 and all the packages
> >   that libc6 require? when i press + on the numpad it adds more
> >   packages that are needed (i think ;])...

you could also try to use dpkg -i <filename.deb>
after you download the libc6 library file.  It will let
you know if it depends on something and then you install the next file it
asks for using the dpkg -i again.

(It worked for me when dselect didn't
work when upgrading from a previous version of debian to potato.  After
installing libc6, I could install the rest of
the packages without to much trouble)

rob...