Re: /etc/apt/preferences

  >>> On Wed, 6 Jun 2001 23:37:49 -0700 (MST),
  >>> "der.hans" == deb-user@LuftHans.com wrote:

  > I'm trying to track specific dists, but be able to grab
  > packages from another dist.
  >
  > # cat /etc/apt/preferences
  > Package: *
  > Pin: release a=stable
  > Pin-Priority: 900
  >
  > Package: *
  > Pin: release a=testing
  > Pin-Priority: 70
  >
  > Package: *
  > Pin: release a=unstable
  > Pin-Priority: 60
  >
  > This seems to work really well. It'll grab updates for stable ...
  > It doesn't grab updates for testing or unstable ...

This is a really cool idea, but I can't get it working for me.

I want to run "testing" for most things, but grab selected packages (mainly
KDE) from "unstable".  My setup looks like this:

    ,--- /etc/apt/preferences ---
    | Package: *
    | Pin: release a=testing
    | Pin-Priority: 900
    |
    | Package: *
    | Pin: release a=unstable
    | Pin-Priority: 50

    ,--- /etc/apt/sources.list ---
    | deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian testing main contrib non-free
    | deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian testing/non-US main contrib non-free
    |
    | deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian unstable main contrib non-free
    | deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian unstable/non-US main contrib non-free

But, when I "apt-get upgrade", it's trying to ungrade me to "unstable"
versions of everything.  What am I doing wrong??

--
Mike