Linux vs Windows NT?

Hi Guys,

I have a friend who is going through uni, and has been asked to provide a
comparison of Linux vs Windows NT in answer to this question:

"Microsoft NT has so many problems that serious consideration is being given
to changing to the Linux platform."
and the question is: "Is Linux really and alternative to NT? why?"

Being a linux/bsd admin, he asked me. Now I don't have the time or the
inclination to research it for him :) But I'd like to know if anyone out
there has any links in their bookmarks dir which he would find helpful
(keeping in mind the fact that he is a windows98 gaming guy).

thanks,

Renai