Re: How do I pass init= to the kernel?

hi ya margarete

when you get linux up and running... run lilo to that
you can use lilo instead of loadlin...

to get loadlin to work...
	- make sure that your root.bin is in the right path

loadlin assumes that you have a properly configured linux
installed at root ( /dev/hda2 in your case )

if you have not installed linux yet ( into /dev/hda2 ) or any
other root partition... loadlin will not be able tofind
your kernel and root filesystem

if you did install linux into /dev/hda2,
put /  into /dev/hda1 instead ...  you might be running into
a max 1024 cylinder problem

	- why did oyu put / for linux into /dev/hda2 ???

	- unless Windows is in /dev/hda1
	but if dos... it doesnt care that its hda1 or hda15
	but, MS windows does want to be /dev/hda1 so keep
	its partition say at 1Gb or less for Windows

getting back to loadlin...
make sure your dos binaries is in the right directory, for example:
	\dos\loadlin.exe
	\dps\root.bin
	\dos\loadling.exe
	... specify the path in the loadlin command line

c ya
alvin