Re: /usr/src/redhat on Debian?

Osamu Aoki wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 05:55:11PM -0700, Eric Richardson wrote:
> > > Because you have rpm installed, which may be because you installed
> > > alien.
> > I did install alien but these directories were all empty which is why
> > I asked the question.
>
> If you use alien package, then these directory will be used.  These
> directories are directory needed by rpm.  I think alien uses rpm to
> unpack source.rpm.

The directories are included in the rpm package for completeness, but
very few people will ever use them. If they annoy you, you can safely
remove them.

Note that I have some plans to change the name to /usr/src/rpm, which is
more accurate, but I have to make sure I do so in a way that does not
break compatability with anything.

--
see shy jo, rpm and alien maintainer