Re: [debian-user] Warum sollte ich gerade Debian Linux kaufen?

On 15 Apr 2001 13:10:38 +0200, Rüdiger Kuhlmann wrote:
> On the other hand, if you want some sort of hardware detection,
> you're lost with Debian (as of now). If you want to be held on your hands
> for everything, don't go with Debian as well. In short: If you're a beginner,
> go for SuSE. If after a while you feel the urge to try something different,
> go for Debian.

Or take a look at http://www.progeny.com/. Progeny is a company by
former debian developers. They have just a few days ago released their
own distro which is based on debian but (quoted from their website)
"provides an enhanced feature set that includes easy graphical
installation, hardware detection support, and improved configuration and
management tools. Also included is the latest stable technology,
consisting of XFree86 4.0.2 and glibc2.2. Other additions include
improved USB support and an auto-install feature for streamlining
multiple installations." I.e., it should give you the best features of
debian (which everyone who has used debian will _never_ want to miss
again) and the ease of SuSE/RedHat/Mandrake. It also comes in a box and
with handbook.

Have fun

--

I did not vote for the Austrian government