Re: "Upgrading" to Progeny ?

On Tuesday 10 April 2001 14:27, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> I'm currently running Debian "sid" or unstable and the idea of upgrading
> (is it really upgrading ?? :-)) to Progeny has crossed my mind. Is doing
> so feasible ?? Can apt-get handle the differences in package version
> numbers, if there are differences ??

I heard that Progeny is based on Woody, so this would be a downgrade. And I
recently read on this list that apt cannot downgrade a whole distribution.
(Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)
Looks like you best start with fresh formmatted harddrive to install Progeny.
If you do it, please tell me and perhaps the list what you think about it,
when you're done.