From: Gavin Hamill [mailto:gdh@acentral.co.uk]
Sent: maandag 12 maart 2001 17:52
To: Joris Lambrecht
Cc: Carl Greco; Knud Sørensen; debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: RE: Powerpoint player (extreme programming presentation)

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Joris Lambrecht wrote:

> This might be the way to go, in case you do ... there is a free powerpoint
> presentation viewer available at the microsoft site. Maybe someone should
> try to get this to work with WINE.

Well, it was about 18 months ago but I managed to get Word to run just by
mounting my windows partition in Linux and running MSWORD.EXE ... it
complained a lot about missing files and fonts, but it did run! :)

Things should have improved since then... and A powerPoint viewer should
be less taxing than the mighty Word :)

gdh