Re: cdrecord problems

Benjamin Pharr wrote:
> I'm still having difficulties getting my cd writer to work.  Here is what
> I've done so far:
>
> Recompiled my (2.4.0) kernel with scsi-emulation and scsi
> support.  IDE-CDROM support is compiled in statically.
There's your problem.  For the SCSI emulation to work you have to remove the
IDE CDROM support.  IIRC I had to *completely* remove the IDE support,
though it might work if you compile it as a module.  I figured that with the
SCSI emulation I wouldn't need the IDE syupport, so I left it completely
out.

> 1. apt-get install cdrecord
> 2. Added append="hdd=ide-scsi" to my /etc/lilo.conf
> 3. Ran lilo
> 4. Added alias scsi_hostadapter ide-scsi to /etc/modutils/aliases
> 5. Ran update-modules

Once you remove the IDE support, these steps should produce working results.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.