Re: Advice for fetchmail & exim config

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 01:19:11PM +0200, Serafim Zanikolas wrote:
| On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 07:45:06PM -0800, scott worley wrote:
| >
| > When fetchmail is executed I get a rejection error message from exim
| > which has
| > ...reject relay (host) ...
|
|    By default, exim drops every incoming mail which has a recipient
| domain that doesn't match any of the local_domains or the relay_domains
| values defined in exim.conf
|
|    Eg. if your host is localhost.localdomain, exim will not accept any
| emails targeted to user@isp.net.  You can override this by adding
| isp.net to the relay_domains list in exim's configuration.

A better way to handle this is to tell fetchmail to use your local
username and hostname as the envelope recipient.  This prevents the
possibility that you become a relay spammers can use to target other
users of your isp.

You can do this by telling fetchmail to use a certain mda (thus
invoking exim locally).
    'wants mda "/usr/sbin/exim %T"' in .fetchmailrc
Alternatively you can ensure that your hostname (and domain, if you
have one) is given in the "local_domains" directive of exim.conf.

HTH,
-D

--

Microsoft encrypts your Windows NT password when stored on a Windows CE
device. But if you look carefully at their encryption algorithm, they

http://www.cegadgets.com/artsusageP.htm