ADAPTEC 2040U2W PROBLEM

Hello!

I am trying to install Debian 2.2.26 intoa a SCSI-LVD hard disk, and my SCSI
card is Adaptec 2040u2w. The installer somehow cannot proceed after the SCSI
card is detected. I have managed to get the installer to work if I do NOT
load the SCSI support, and thus it seems that the problem is the SCSI card.

Now I am asking if there were some proper drivers available for this SCSI
card. Or might it be that I have wrong bios settings? I have the "default
settings" in that SCSI card, and I also have the "optimized defaults" in my
mainboard bios (the mainboard is Msi 6330 K7Pro).

The error messages that are seen after the installer is detecting the SCSI
card are something like the following:

scsi bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.
scsi host 0 channel 0 reset (pid17) timed out - trying harder
scsi bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.
scsi host 0 abort (pid17) timed out - resetting
scsi bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.
(scsi0:0:0:0) device reset, message buffer in use

...and this is endlessy repeated. Sometimes there may also appear the
following text:

(scsi0:0:15:-1) unexpected busfree, LASTPHASE=0xa0, SEQADDR=0x167
scsi host 0 abort (pid 17) timed out - resetting

...and so on.

Is anyone here familiar with this kind of issues?

Regards: Janne M. Vainio, Helsinki, Finland