MAC Address and Ethx

I had a phone call from my Cable ISP the other day, stating that I should
reconfigure my computer or risk losing connectivity.  The web site they
pointed me to is a windows site, basic config stuff.  Later phone call to
tech service (level one and level two) confirms they are going to start
checking the MAC addy of the modem as opposed to my previous @home username,
etc.  Level one actually told me that my choices are to either find a new ISP
or use windows.

Is there a way to pass the modem MAC address along to the network in the
ifconfig?  If so, how would I do that?

TIA

Bob