Re: again CD-burning probs

Hi Kerstin,

> You don't have to answer that question anymore, I looked it up with a
> search engine. You think, I should try phthalocyanine dyes - right?

I've had good luck with phthalocyanine (you're right -- that's the
chemical used on short strategy discs).  Kodak Gold Ultima's are good
quality as well, though.  Seems strange that they'd always fail.  A good
brand in short strat. is Mitsui -- I've had best results (particularly
for audio burning) with them.

In your case, however, I do think that you might just have a defective
lens -- this is a common problem with CD read/write devices, though I'm
not sure how one would test for such things.

As it so happens, I had to replace my burner last week.  Maybe taking
advantage of the boxing week sales is the best solution! :) I got a
Plextor 24x/10x/40x CD-RW for $141 Canadian that works like a charm.

cheers,
Matt