Re: again CD-burning probs

Hi Marcelo,

On Sun, 30 Dec 2001, Marcelo Belentani de Bianchi wrote:

> have you checked your memory, i say maybe there is one module with
> contact problems. In my computer everytime i open it, remove the
> memory and change my cdrecord drive act just like your, then i open
> him again and double check everything. And he start work again. Well
> this seen crazy to me but it worst a try !!

A lot of problems are caused by defective RAM and a lot of
people still underestimate the influence of minor quality DIMMs, but I
think I can exclude this possibility for my computer. It accepts only
ECC-RAM and I never had a kernel crash or a segfaulted gcc during a
kernel-compilation in 2 years. The burner is definitely the only
unreliable part of my otherwise rock solid computer (and I think it was
and is worth while! :-) ).

But nevertheless - thanks for replying!

Kerstin

--