Re: Advice for fetchmail & exim config

Hey,

If you're on a workstation, you probably don't need to be [or IMO, shouldn't
be] running an MTA at all.

You can install ssmtp and fetchmail/getmail, and may find that you no longer
need an MTA at all.

ssmtp is a replacement for sendmail that uses your ISP's smarthost to send all
mail sent using sendmail -s.  This works for mutt, and others.

Fetchmail can fetch your mail (hmm) from your ISP's POP* or IMAP server, and
deliver it to your local MTA or Procmail.  Getmail can deliever directly to
your inbox.

Check these out, all three are in apt.  Note that installing ssmtp will remove
Exim.

-Tech