Re: "C" Manual

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 09:31:36AM -0800, Paul Mackinney wrote:
| Gary Turner muttered:
| > On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 16:11:33 -0500, Phil Beder wrote:
| >
| > >Where can I find a good, complete manual for C and C++ programming
| > >languages for the gcc compiler.

| Kernighan and Ritchie is 'the' C book,

Be aware though that K&R is the old standard.  Their book describes
"K&R C" which is very similar, but a bit different than ANSI C.
Still, K&R is a highly recommended reference by many people.  (I don't
have it, but my friend's dad has an really old copy of it)

I have "The Complete C++ Reference" by Schildt, and it includes a good
reference of the standard libraries as well as explaining the
languages.  I never bought it, but some of my friends said that
"Pointers on C" by Ken Reek is good (he's a professor at RIT).

-D

--

Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet
and a light unto my path.