Re: Changing /dev/cdrom symlink.

On Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 01:33:12PM -0500, B. L. Jilek wrote:
| I've got a strange problem with my /dev/cdrom symlink.
|
| I'm running Woody on an smp scsi machine kernel 2.4.10.
|
| I've got:
| /dev/cdwrite --> /dev/sr0 --> /dev/scd0
| /dev/cdrom --> /dev/sr1 --> /dev/scd1
|
| Everything works fine.  What happens is after a reboot
| the /dev/cdrom symlink is changed to point to /dev/sr0
| which is the cdwriter.

Are you using devfs?  If so then devfsd is creating that symlink for
you.

| It's a little irritating to have to fix this after a reboot
| before I can use the cdrom.
|
| Any one know what may be doing this?  I can't find anything.

RTFM on devfsd and then tell it where you want /dev/cdrom to point to.
(I'm not completely sure _how_ to do this myself)

HTH,
-D

--

I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.  Now a slave
has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever.