Re: OT: mysql vs. postgresql

> This would be true if it was true, but it isn't.  MySQL is really unsuited
> to multiple readers, unless the reads are trivial select-one-row-by-id
> jobs.

Flame bait.  MySQL has been great for us, with scads of multiple
readers with complex queries.  Your mileage may differ, hence try them
both and choose the one you like the best that works for you.

> Here's an anecdote from the Geocrawler people, who found that

Neither database is a stationary target.  Someone's experiences a year
ago aren't necessarily relevant today.  In particular, MySQL has
introduced its "InnoDB" backend table handler that addresses just
about every concern a person could have about its other table
handlers, and then some.  I'm sure PostgreSQL has improved also.

We haven't moved to InnoDB because we haven't had to, despite MySQL
being "unsuitable" for our needs <cough>.

--Pete