Re: emu10k1 troubles...

Brad,

Sounds like you just have mixer issues.  Try apt-get'ting "aumix-gtk"
and using it to tweak your sound levels.  It's a little better than
alsamixer.  Also, when you install the aumix deb, make sure to comment
out the lines in /etc/aumixrc (add a # character to the beginning of the
line) that prevent it from messing with alsa mixer settings.  You'll see
them -- they're documented in the aumixrc file.

cheers,

On Sun, 2001-12-16 at 23:55, Brad Cramer wrote:
> I now have sound (kind of) I can play mp3s, wav's and I get sound from
DVD's
> but no sound from cd's or through my WinTV card. Any idea about this?
> cna't figure out what all the settings on alsamixer are for. I no
befor when
> I first got sound working with alsa0.5x and sblive value cd's and tv
card
> were first to work now it is the other way around. And what about
Exound
> does it not work with Alsa 0.9betaX?
> Thanks for any more help
> Brad

yourkernelpackage.deb
> > yourmodulepackage.deb" and it'll install it for you, lilo and all.
If