Re: watchdog temperature

Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org> writes:
PJ> When using sensord/lm-sensors, what device should the software watchdog
PJ> check to see what the CPU temperature is?

*looks at watchdog source* Hmm.  It looks like watchdog expects there
to be a character device (or maybe a pipe) that it can read the
temperature from one line at a time.  It doesn't look like lm-sensors
exports such a special file; it's not clear what this support in
watchdog was supposed to be used with.  (If nothing else, there's the
question of "what is *the* temperature"; my hardware has only one
rational temperature, but the chip allows three temperature outputs.)

	-- Abra Mitchell