Re: Win2000 , Debian Dual Boot

Paul Mackinney wrote:

I've had great success using the Windows NT/2000 boot mechanism. Windows seems to like it and Linux doesn't complain.

HA HA.

Try GRUB.

I have win2k on a separate disk. Don't want it touching my Linux install

1. Install Linux, with GRUB. Default with Progeny.

2. Swap disks install Windows 2K
3. Connect both disks. I am assuming Linux is on the primary disk

Add this section to /boot/grub/menu.lst

title Windows 2000
map (hd0) (hd1) [Windows thinks it is on the first disk]
map (hd1) (hd0)
rootnoverify (hd1,0)
makeactive
chainloader +1
boot

--
Eagles may soar, free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.