Re: Building Samba 2.2.2 on Potato (SWAT problems)

Hello,
I got it working. I scrubbed the Samba binary and source code directories and re-installed from a freshly pulled down source with the same ./configure parameters like before ad it works. No idea what caused it the first time. I have tried re-compiling a few times and it works flawlessly each time.

Bill

Bill Cooper wrote:

Hello,
yep tried to log in as both root and another user that I added to Samba using the "smbpasswd" program and both users exist on the systems password files. In both cases the SWAT authentication fails, but I can use these users to access the shares. BTW this system never had the Debian Samba packages installed, so it can't be a conflict with an existing programs.

Bill

John Griffiths wrote:

tried logging into SWAT as root?