Re: Movie players in certain Linuxes , O God !

I've found that if I don't have a sound card installed and set up with
the proper drivers, many of the movie players totally screw up -
distorted pictures, slow speed, crashes, etc. Sometimes you'll see an
error message saying there is a missing sound driver, but sometimes
not. Installing the sound card and its drivers fixes the problem. So
if you're having this problem and you do have a sound card installed,
you might want to look at the driver and see if it's correct.

 - Robert Storey