Re: pipe mutt message into vim

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 05:31:26PM +0000, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
| I'm unclear about pipes! I frequently wish to pipe the contents of a
| message I'm reading in mutt into vim, edit the contents to a saved file
| and then return to mutt.
|
| I have simplistically tried from mutt "|" then "vim" from the mutt shell
| prompt, which doesnt work. I guess I want to do the equivalent of

Try this and you'll see why it doesn't work :

    $ echo "hello world" | vim

then try

    $ echo "hello world" | vim -

then the next time you want to pipe a message from mutt into vim, use
"vim -" as the command.

-D

--

Microsoft: "Windows NT 4.0 now has the same user-interface as Windows 95"
    Windows 95: "Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to reboot"