Re: Character-mode clock

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Alan Shutko wrote:

> George Karaolides <george@karaolides.com> writes:
>
> > Is there a clock application that can be used to show system time in a
> > character-mode terminal?
>
> M-x display-time.  You _are_ running everything in Emacs, right?  8^)

I'm actually trying to un-learn emacs and get used to vi... ;)  But
anyway, M-x display-time only shows minutes.  Could it be made to show
seconds?

> Unless you want a clock that will just take over the terminal?

A clock that would take over the terminal, like the 'watch -n1 date'
solution suggested by other posters, is OK.  Having the time display in a
modeline or other appropriate area while I'm using the xterm would be an
added bonus.

What I have is a lot of machines I'm administering via ssh, and what I
need is a way to check the system clocks that isn't a snapshot like
'date'.

George Karaolides       8, Costakis Pantelides St.,
tel:   +35 79 68 08 86                   Strovolos,
email: george@karaolides.com       Nicosia CY 2057,
web:   www.karaolides.com      Republic  of Cyprus