Re: apt-localpurge

>>>>> "benfoley" == benfoley  <benfoley@rcn.com> writes:

benfoley> under what conditions is it advisable, or not, to run
benfoley> apt-localepurge? i've checked the man page but still don't
benfoley> get why i should or shouldn't use it.

I use apt-localepurge on a couple of systems with small hard disks.
Those are server-type machines that don't need any user access
(besides maintenance from a sysadmin).

Advantage: you win some disk space.

Disadvantage: it's not easily reversible. If you later decide to add
another locale, you'll have to reinstall (almost) every package on
your system.

My advice: don't bother with it unless you're really short on hard
disk space. A hard disk is relatively cheap these days, but for older
machines this can be an issue.

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <guy.geens@cgey.be>