Re: root equivalent user

On Wed, 05 Dec 2001 09:44:42 -0600, you wrote:

>On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 11:41:34AM -0300, Nicol?s Conde wrote:
>>    I'm new to Linux and I'd like to know how (if possible) to create a
>> user with uid != 0 but that can do administrative tasks (add/delete
>> user/groups, change permissions/ownership, run admin scripts such as
>> 'updatedb', etc.).
>
>'sudo' lets you give non-root users the ability to become root for
>certain commands. Its configuration file is /etc/sudoers, described in
>the sudoers(5) man page. If I were you I'd ignore the long and detailed

gt@koko:~$ man sudoers
No manual entry for sudoers
gt@koko:~$ man sudo
No manual entry for sudo
gt@koko:~$ sudo
bash: sudo: command not found

I see reference to this command quite often, so went looking due to this
thread.  Did I not dselect something that I should have?

putting the new in newbie--gt

>description of the format at the top of the man page and skip down to
>the examples near the bottom.
>
>--
>Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]

Yes I fear I am living beyond my mental means--Nash