Re: Character-mode clock

George Karaolides <george@karaolides.com> writes:
GK> Is there a clock application that can be used to show system time in a
GK> character-mode terminal?  There seem to be any number of them that can be
GK> used under X, but I can't find any that can be used in character mode.

For something quick, cheap, and easy, try 'watch -n1 date'.  My memory
of using screen on a VT320 plugged into a serial port suggests that
screen would also display the current time on the hardware modeline if
it could be convinced that such existed, but this is kind of a fuzzy
memory, and I'm not sure if you could (or would want to) emulate the
modeline in an xterm/Linux virtual console.

	-- Abra Mitchell