(Suggestion) A centralized Nameserver for users to use resolv.conf

Dear Linux-users,
       I have a suggestion , which I guess all of us should be taking seriously ....

Why don't we have a 'centralised' Nameserver  , that
will do the IP-to-name-resolution for  the browsers
of all the Linux users  .

Our /etc/resolv.conf  files can then mention the IP Address
of this 'centralised' Nameserver , that does the resolution for us .

May be, this can be done :
1) At the national levels in the various Linuxing nations
of the world.
2) At the international level : May be , at gnu.org ?
3) At the various city - LUGs .

Please ponder over this .
Ours is a mission to take off the last lines of difference
between "OUR" OS and that of Microsoft.

Yours Occassionally,
(shyamk@eth.net)
Shyam