Re: files in /etc/pcmcia/ip-up.d are ignored

* Noah Meyerhans <noahm@debian.org> [011205 08:08]:
> On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 09:00:36PM +0100, Karsten Heymann wrote:
> > while trying to find out why masqmail does work when going online via
> > modem and fails when using ethernet i found out that for network cards
> > /etc/pcmcia/ip-up.d apparently is ignored (I put an 'touch /tmp/alive'
> > into /etc/pcmcia/ip-up.d/test but /tmp/alive wasn't created when I
> > plugged in my network card). Is this a bug or a feature? I found no
> > documentation about these directories. Any comments?
>
> Are the files in /etc/pcmcia/ip-up.d executable?

Yes they are. I've investigated further and i think i found out that
ip-up.d is used by pppd which is started when a pcmcia-modem is plugged
in. But it would be great to use this even for ethernet cards.

Karsten

--
Karsten Heymann <karsten.heymann@gmx.de> <karsten@ecology.uni-kiel.de>
CAU-University Kiel, Germany