Re: Creating boot, install, similar system disks

Otis Ward <sun4you@verizon.net> writes:
OW> I wanted to know if Debian, 2.2.19 allowed the user to create
OW> system disks directly from the installed OS instead of having to
OW> download them from the web? Being new to Linux I decided to check
OW> first. Any assistance you can provide will be appreciated. Thanks.

What do you really want?  If you're trying to install a machine
without network access, you can acquire a Debian CD set; even if you
can't boot from the CD, the floppy images are on the CD.  If you're
trying to hack on the Debian installer, you want to look at the
boot-floppies package (and quite possibly subscribe to the
debian-devel and debian-boot lists).  If you want to build your own
rescue/recovery disk, you can install a kernel directly on to a
floppy, or use one of the rescue-disk kits out there; you might look
at the Bootdisk-HOWTO in the doc-linux-text package or on
http://www.linuxdoc.org/.

	-- Abra Mitchell