Re: Virus incident

* Jesse Goerz (jgoerz@bellsouth.net) spake thusly:
> On Wednesday 21 November 2001 20:11, Josh Everist wrote:
> > Well I can take responsibility for the messages from
> > 'antigen@page1book.com', however if the Debian User mailing
> > list didn't send out viruses in the first place, there
> > wouldn't be the automated reply.
>
> I think you mean outlook express 5; not the Debian user mailing
> list.  The mailing list is simply doing what it's supposed to.
> Oh, I see what you're getting at, so is outlook express.
>
> Geesh why didn't I think of that way in the first place.
>

> > The same goes for the YODA messages.
> >
> > In all honesty I've merely kept up with my software and virus
> > updates and don't actually know why my software automatically
> > responded.
>
> Thank you for protecting us.
>

> > However, if there were no response, it wouldn't be nearly as
> > obvious that the email from m.dobsicek@sh.cvut.cz was viral.
> >
> > So, if there's any way the mailing list can filter out the
> > viruses in the first place, you won't see the automated
> > messages. At any rate I hope people go after the real
> > culprit(the sender of the virus) and don't take it out on us.
> >
> > Josh Everist
>
> So what you're saying is it's not your responsibility what you
> post to the list.  That makes sense.
>
> I guess you could just think of it the same as someone
> forgetting to remove mailing lists from their vacation/holiday
> auto-responder.
>
> Geesh, why didn't I think of that way in the first place.
>
> Well, you impressed me with the first half of the first
> sentence, after that you blew it.

IIRC antigen is a sexchange thingy. What do you want from
the guy, he's running sexchange. He said he has no idea why
that POS decides to do things (or not). I can easily believe
that.

<Dilbert>
We should send him a nickel each, so he can go buy a better
computer.</Dilbert>

Dima
--
I have not been able to think of any way of describing Perl to [person]
"Hello, blind man?  This is color."                                      -- DPM