Re: pppconfig still not working

Simon R Tod writes:
> ...it probes ttyS0 and ttyS1 withut finding the modem, but I know from
> the windows partition that it's on ttyS2 (ie.  com3)

Are you saying that it finds the modem on ttyS2?  Are you putting ttyS2 in
manually?

Please post copies of /etc/chatscripts/provider and
/etc/ppp/peers/provider.  Hide passwords.

Try to connect to the modem with minicom (this is just a diagnostic, not a
way to get ppp working).

> I don't have a file /etc/resolv.conf,...

Create one.  That's not the source of your present problem, though.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)