Re: starting dselect with predefined package list

Brian Nelson, 2001-Nov-20 10:32 -0800:
> Jeff <jcoppock1@home.com> writes:
>
> > Is there some way to do this?  It would be cool to take a capture
> > of 'dpkg -l' and start dselect with an option to load that
> > package list so all I'd have to do is quickly verify the list
> > loaded properly and then let it start installing.  That way, I
> > could pre-build the package list(s) for systems to help
> > stream-line the installation.
>
> dpkg --set-selections

Okay, after looking this up  in man, lemme ask:

If I use 'dpkg --get-selections >> packages'

and then 'dpkg --set-selections packages' on another system,

and finally run dselect, my selects will be set to those listed
in 'packages'?

thanks,
jc

--