dual head in XFree86

Hay folks,

I've recently been fortunate enough to get another monitor and ripped
out an old SiS graphics card from a spare computer (which doesn't seem
to complain too much about no tty devices (so long as you disable it in
inittab)).

Anyway, I've now got dual head set up fine, but there seem to be a couple
of issues. I'm using Xinerama and have the second head on the left of the
primary. The first time I start up X, the second display defaults to
640x480 whilst the primary is at the defined 1280x1024. If I quit and then
restart then everything comes up fine.

Everything is set properly in XF86Config-4 - I'm sure it's not something
in there -  has anyone else come accross this?

Also, I sometimes notice a horizontal line sinking slowly on the primary
and rising on the secondary - is this a timing problem or what?

Any help/advice much appreciated!

Matthew

--

Matthew Sackman
Nottingham,

The contents of this email are intended for the indicated recipient(s)
only. This may or may not be indicated in the above email as it is
enormously easy to fake email addresses (see the relevant RFCs).

For security reasons this email is likely to be gnupg signed. On the
other hand it may not be if I forgot to do so. In any case, if you
are reading this on a Windows based computer then there was no point
in me doing so (provided that I remembered) as your computer is most
likely being used by yourself and 2.8 other people at the same time
(normally without your consent).

No responsibility will be accepted by anyone for any of the contents
of this email. So tough. If in doubt, go compile Mozilla.