Re: 512Meg of Ram

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 04:19:13PM -0500, waynes@techgod.net wrote:
> I just added 512meg of ram to my Debian Woody box.  I had heard that Linux does not support 512meg of ram without a kernel recompile.  Is this true?

No... I think you may have to recompile for ram>=1G, but that's only if you
don't have large mem support enabled (or something like that).  If it's not
detecting your memory, you may have to add something to your kenel command line
(if you use lilo, add this to your config file):

append="mem=<amount of ram in meg>M"

Enjoy
Cameron Matheson